users@jersey.java.net

Jersey and caching?

From: Casper Bang <casper.bang_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:49:06 +0100

Hello jersey list,

Looking into adding caching to my Jersey resources (heavyweight chart
generation) and was wondering about the approach. The classic REST
approach seems to be embracing the HTTP protocol (etags and expire
headers) and place something like Squid in front. Is the correct? I
don't really have that option so I am looking into using EhCache and a
servletfilter, interceping the URL and using it as a key to lookup a
previous response. Does that sound like a good aproach? I have been
searching for some documentation and blog entries regarding this, but
found nothing. I did discover that apparently EhCache now has
incorporated Jersey which might be what I need to look at.

Any comments/links appreciated. Thanks,
Casper