users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey 1.1.4 is released

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:06:12 +0100

HI Steven,

On Nov 12, 2009, at 9:03 PM, Steven Cummings wrote:

> This seems like a dumb question, but is the JAX-RS 1.1 spec (that I
> assume jersey 1.1.X implements) final?

Yes, for the purposes of things not changing.

We can only call things final when the TCK is formally released and
made available to licensees. This will happen between now and when
Java EE 6 goes final and GlassFish v3 (the Java EE 6 RI) is released.
Then you will see the stage "Maintenence Release" at the JCP 311 page

> I can find no page that states this. The dev.java.net page [1] still
> lists it as DRAFT. The JCP page [2] doesn't have a *finish* date for
> Final Release. So, I assume it is released, but that's not clear to
> me anywhere. Thanks.

Maintenance Draft Review 2 has completed. Marc is responsible for the
jsr311.dev.java.net page and i assume he will update that once the JAX-
RS 1.1 maintenance release occurs.

Hth,
Paul.