users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] Jersey 1.1.4 is released

From: Ori Dagan <ori.dagan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:28:54 +0200

Great stuff, thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM [mailto:Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:41 PM
To: users_at_jersey.dev.java.net
Cc: Ori Dagan
Subject: Re: [Jersey] Jersey 1.1.4 is released

On Nov 12, 2009, at 5:32 PM, Ori Dagan wrote:

> How exactly does this release integrates with EJB3.1?
> More specifically, does it support EJB injection to resources out of
> the box? (I'm currently using my own InjectableProvider for that)
> I know Jersey supports exposing EJBs as root resources since 1.1.0-
> ea. Anything new on this front?

You can now do this:

   @Path("foo")
   @ManagedBean
   public class MyResource {
       @EJB MyEJB ejb;

       @Path("sub")
       public MyEJB getSub() {
           return ejb;
       }
   }

   @Stateless
   public class MyEJB {

       @Context UriInfo ui;

   }

When you annotate a resource class with @ManagedBean then injection of
EE-related resources (if present) is supported. In the above the
MyResource class will be managed in the scope of per-request.

See here for a really simple example:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/samples/managed-beans-webapp
/1.1.4/managed-beans-webapp-1.1.4-project.zip

Paul.