users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] log HTTP exchanges

From: Ari Heino <ext.ari.heino_at_tieto.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 02:19:21 -0800 (PST)

Paul Sandoz wrote:

>> Been trying adding
>>
>> com.sun.jersey.api.container.filter.LoggingFilter.level=OFF
>>
>> without any success.
>
> That should work, but are you sure your logging properties file is
> getting loaded?
>
> Are you using GlassFish? If so i think you might be able to utilize
> the admin console:
>
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FaqConfigureLogging
>
> I dunno if you can add logging properties to a war file. The best
> place to ask is on the GF users list.
>
> Paul.

Nope, not using Glassfish, we're using Tomcat 6 as a separate app server and
Jetty 6 (inside eclipse for development purposes). With tomcat we've had
logging.properties in <tomcat>/conf where from it has been read
successfully, and also in web allipcations WEB-INF/classes folder where from
it was also read successfully. Neither places forced LoggingFilter to change
it's behaviour tho.