users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] log HTTP exchanges

From: Ari Heino <ext.ari.heino_at_tieto.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:22:57 -0800 (PST)

Paul Sandoz wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2009, at 3:06 PM, Ari Heino wrote:
>

>> Any thoughts on having this jersey logging filter using f.e. log4j
>> configurations? Or is it already using them or anything like that?
>>

> Jersey uses JDK logging. So you will need to use a "bridge" to another
> logging framework, for example:
>

> http://blog.cn-consult.dk/2009/03/bridging-javautillogging-to-slf4j.html
>
> It is also possible to redirect JDK logging as appropriate:
>
> http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/logging/index.html
>
> Paul.

I actually ment any logging configurations, not that i need/want explicitly
to use log4j instead of java.util.logging.

So the question is how would I use java.util.logging properties file to turn
on/off LoggingFilter?

Been trying adding

    com.sun.jersey.api.container.filter.LoggingFilter.level=OFF

without any success.