users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] jersey-test Glassfish dependencies

From: tarjei <tarjei_at_nu.no>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:49:59 +0100

On 11/09/2009 04:39 PM, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2009, at 4:30 PM, tarjei wrote:
>>>
>>> I thought you managed to get that to work, (as least as a workaround),
>>> by using a later version of Grizzly?
>>
>> I thought so at first, but further testing has made me conclude that
>> that is not possible :(
>>
>> Also, is it so that neither the InMemory or HTTPServer will support
>> Spring?
>>

> How are you trying to support Spring with those containers?
Good question :)

What I am doing is that the Resources I work with are linked to Daos
using @Autowired and I use Spring with dbunit to provide a test database
that the different Resources use.

> The in memory container and LW HTTP server does not support the Servlet
> API. They are defined as low-level containers.

Ok.

> The real issue is how to register an instance of the
> SpringComponentProviderFactory or in general an instance of a
> IoCComponentProviderFactory. It should be possible via the singletons of
> the resource configuration. But, of course, i have not tried this, so
> something might be missing.

I'm generally interested in using the testapi to wire up a testcase that
is quite close to what will run in production so that I can model as
many test situations as possible. Thus I wire up a db etc to the testcase.

Regards,
Tarjei

Hmm,

--