users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] jersey-test Glassfish dependencies

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:07:58 +0100

On Nov 9, 2009, at 1:58 PM, tarjei wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the correct way to setup the glassfish dependencies i when
> using 1.1.5-SNAPSHOT? I get errors when trying to use jersey-test
> without excluding the glassfish dependency.

This is a bug in the dependencies.

After the test framework was re-factored it was no longer necessary to
include all such dependencies on all supported containers. And the
dependencies/documentation should have been updated to reflect this.

For ease of use we should depend on Grizzly (which could be excluded
too as there is no hard coded requirement for that, expect it is the
default test container loaded if no other is specified and it can be
loaded), and we can remove the other dependencies and document what
they are.

Could you log an issue?

Thanks,
Paul.