users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] JSON and arrays of length one

From: <FSauer_at_dsthealthsolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:55:15 -0600

Thanks, that helps, but is there a way to do this as a default, without
having to register my resource classes?
Is there a servlet param I can set to make 'natural' the default JSON
builder for all classes?

Thanks,

Frank

Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM>
Sent by: Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM
11/06/2009 10:39 AM
Please respond to
users_at_jersey.dev.java.net

users_at_jersey.dev.java.net
cc

Subject
Re: [Jersey] JSON and arrays of length one

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009 at 09:24:55AM -0600, FSauer_at_dsthealthsolutions.com
wrote:
> How do I get arrays of length one out of jersey's JSON marshaller?
>
> If some object has a List<X> and there happens to be only one element in

> the collection, it comes across as" xs": {...X stuff here } instead of
> "xs" : [{...X stuff here }]....
> This is causing a lot of pain on the javascript side. Is there a fix for

> this? Am I missing some JSON configuration perhaps?

This should be described in [1]. All you need is to switch
to "natural" json notation (see section 3.1.2.2), i.e. to implement your
own
JAXBContext resolver (see example 3.4, [2]).

HTH,

~Jakub

[1]https://jersey.dev.java.net/documentation/1.1.3-ea/user-guide.html#d4e536
[2]https://jersey.dev.java.net/documentation/1.1.3-ea/user-guide.html#json.jaxb.context.resolver.example

--
Jakub Podlešák
Software Engineer at SUN Microsystems And CZJUG Co-Leader