users@jersey.java.net

Configuring Exception Handling

From: Stephen Duncan Jr <stephen.duncan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:58:12 -0400

I know there's been prior discussion about various extensible error-handling
features to be added to Jersey, but I couldn't figure out if there's
anything available right now that I could use to meet my needs:

I want to log all uncaught exceptions (non WebApplicationException's) & I
want the response for those exceptions to be text/plain with just the error
message, not the stack-trace that is currently returned. The default of 500
as the status is fine.

Is there a way to get this behavior? I'm having trouble finding
documentation on filters or other techniques that might apply here...

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com