users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] XML Schema, JSON arrays and java List<String>

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 10:58:05 -0700

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Jakub Podlesak<Jakub.Podlesak_at_sun.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 01:47:11PM -0700, Tatu Saloranta wrote:
>> Anyway: to use 1.1 (or just released 1.2), one needs to update jackson
>> jars Jersey uses. This should be easy as Jersey by default only uses
>
> I have upgraded jackson dependency at the 1.1.2-ea-SNAPSHOT Jersey version,
> so that the 1.1.1 version of jackson is used, and at least for this
> (jackson) version no conflict happens and the update should not be needed.
> You only need to add the 1.1.1 version of jackson-jaxrs dependency.

Perfect. I didn't know if version had been updated. This is good news,
since 1.1 and 1.2 are fully compatible (1.0 too but doesn't have
couple of useful annotations from 1.1)

One more thing: xml-related features (like this one, and in future
possible some limited xml serialization) are in "jackson-xc" jar so
that's one more dependency if JAXB annotation detection is to be used.

-+ Tatu +-