users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] several groups consuming same data - how to split?

From: Felipe Gaścho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:20:51 +0200

> It actually should be fairly simple to support in Jersey using a resource
> specific filter on the JUG resource. That filter can look at the jug path
> parameter and determine if the user (from the SecurtyContext) has access by
> checking what JUGs the user is a member of. Kind of a bit like how the
> @RolesAllowed support is implemented.

yes, it is simple.. but: one of features I was experimenting here is
the ability to share the persistence layer between several
applications (in a same domain - Java EE container).. so, in the
service layer it is ok to manage that restrictions with a filter, but
a more robust option is to have it also annotated in the persistence
layer facade, in order to guarantee the security synchronization
between the service and the other apps...

* for the small PUJ application
(http://kenai.com/projects/puj/pages/EPuj) I decided to go straight
"Jersey style".. and from now on I will play a more aggressive
"service-driven" instead of my former "model-driven" plans... let's
see.. from now on I am totally web-lean oriented :) I hope this bring
me more agility .. eheh