users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Abdera Feeds not usable in Eclipse / OSGi?

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 11:05:10 +0200

Hi Ari,

See the dependencies document and the Atom section:

   https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/tags/jersey-1.1.1-ea/jersey/dependencies.html

and the type:

   com.sun.jersey.atom.rome.impl.provider.entity.AtomFeedProvider

But i cannot guarantee you might run into similar class loading issues.

I am having a tricky time helping you because i do not understand
completely what your environment is. The errors you have presented
point to an issue of class loading, probably because the OSGi
environment is restricting access via the class loader available in
the thread current context.

Certainly your last error you presented indicates this, namely the
class loader cannot see the Woodstox implementation. Interestingly you
managed to get the Client to recognize FeedProvider by registering it
explicitly.

In your Eclipse / OSGi how are you defining what the dependencies are?

Perhaps asking on an Eclipse / OSGi forum might help?

Paul.

[1] https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/tags/jersey-1.1.1-ea/jersey/dependencies.html