users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] xi:include support ?

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 10:37:28 +0200

On Aug 17, 2009, at 10:01 AM, Felipe Gaścho wrote:

>> information available in other related resources e.g. container/
>> item. A
>
> I have JUGs, academic institutions, professors and students... like:
>
> jug has 0 to N institutions
> institution has 0 to N professors
> professor has 0 to N students
> student has 0 to 1 homework...

Only a max of 1 homework, must be an art student :-) well at least
from my experience art students had an order of magnitude less in
lectures than engineering students.

> thinks like that..
>
> so, if I understood your suggestion, I will have two resources for
> each entity:
>
> - the entity itself, with full details
> - the entity container, with a collection of references to its
> subitens..

Yes, a bit like Atom representations. It is often useful to provide in
the container representation, some subset of information for each item.

Paul.