users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey JAX-RS JAXB - Returning an Array of Objects

From: Ari Heino <ext.ari.heino_at_tieto.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:53:45 -0500 (CDT)

Paul Sandoz wrote:

> If you use arrays you do not need to utilize GenericEntity.
> Unfortunately this is the only way to do things because of type erasure.
>
> Paul.

Hi!

Tried using arrays inside Response objecct, and it kinda works. Again, I'm
having Jersey client inside OSGi bundles inside Eclipse client. The error i
get is as follows:

javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.bea.xml.stream.MXParserFactory not found
at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:72)
at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:178)
at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:92)
at javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory.newInstance(XMLInputFactory.java:136)
at
com.sun.jersey.core.impl.provider.entity.XMLListElementProvider.getXMLStreamReader(XMLListElementProvider.java:99)
at
com.sun.jersey.core.provider.jaxb.AbstractListElementProvider.readFrom(AbstractListElementProvider.java:181)
at
com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientResponse.getEntity(ClientResponse.java:259)
at
com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientResponse.getEntity(ClientResponse.java:220)

and that is said to be caused by this:
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=117971 but I can't figure
out how to fix it. The StAX implementation just wont want to be corrected in
my classpaths. Any similar problems with Jersey earlier?

-- .aRi