users@jersey.java.net

Problem: Jersey swallows all JAXP exceptions silently !

From: Morten <mortench2004_at_yahoo.dk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 00:42:37 +0000 (GMT)

Jersey calls into JAXP to marshall returned objects automatically. When it works, this is very nice as it allows clean code like the code below: HOWEVER, if SomeObject marshalling fails due to a some problem inside SomeObject (f.x. a wrong annotation) then Jersey silently ignores the exception and simply returns an empty result. Even if I install an ExceptionMapper for java.lang.Throwable. This is VERY, VERY annoying as it takes a LOT of time to diagnose and debug such cases. Jersey should not swallow (JAXP) exceptions. At least a valid registered ExceptionMapper should know of them so I can see it, log it and act on it! Jersey code example: @GET public SomeObject getServiceModule() throws Exception { // Note: Hopefully SomeObject can marshal correctly because // jersey will ignore any exceptions after the object was created. return SomeObject(42); } /Cheers, Morten Find din nye laptop på kelkoo.dk. Se de gode tilbud her - http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/mm