users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Consume JSON REST Web Services using Jersey

From: Tatu Saloranta <tsaloranta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:57:40 -0700

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:
> Hi Ronak,
> You can use JAXB if you wish, but you can also use other types like
> JSONObject or JSONArray.
> Or you could use the support provided by Jackson:
> http://jackson.codehaus.org/Download
> It really depends on how you want to process the JSON.

Also: I know this is bit early, as Jackson 1.1 is not yet out
(hopefully get release candidate out in a week), but 1.1 will have
additional optional support for JAXB annotations. So it will be
possible to use Jackson with "plain old JAXB-beans" too, at least for
most common customizations.

-+ Tatu +-