users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey route debugging

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 11:24:58 +0200

Hi Mark,

On May 3, 2009, at 5:50 PM, Mark Petrovic wrote:

> I have a bit of experience with Jersey, and a route that I think
> should be working is consistently producing 404 Not Found.
>
> I'm wondering what is the easiest way to get Jersey itself at
> container startup (?) or at the point of a request to tell me what
> routes it knows about.
>
> Can anyone comment?

Not quite sure i understand what you want to do. Do you want to
provide the user with "similar" links on a 404 response?

The Jersey runtime does not know all the possible URI paths supported
by the application at deployment time. It is something that can only
be determined at runtime.

By default (when JAXB is in the class path) it is possible to obtain
the WADL for a resource by performing an OPTIONS request. The WADL
will contain sub-paths one can traverse. So i client could determine
the URI path space of the application by traversing the WADL. Not
quite sure that is what you require through.

Also by default the application.wadl is exposed and this presents the
URI paths that Jersey knows about statically.

Paul.