users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Issue with SpringServlet - XMLRootElementProvider InstantiationException

Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 05:14:39 -0700 (PDT)

Paul

Many thanks for guiding me in the right direction.

Fwiw....both issues were caused by the fact that in my tomcat install
directory i had a directory, applibs with jars which are used by other app's
that are sometimes deployed on that tomcat. There is a jersey 0.8 in that
appjars directory. I thought that those would only be picked up if
java.endorsed.dirs was set, but apparently it looks like tomcat picks up
everything in any directory with lib in its name. A bit weird, but after
renaming the applibs to appjars all was well.

So thanks! I am on 1.1.1 now ;)

Peter