users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Embedded Grizzly with spring?

From: tarjei <tarjei_at_nu.no>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 20:15:10 +0200

Hi,
More questions.

This might be simple ... or not. It is also slightly OT wrt Jersey.

I'm using the Freemarker provider created by Chris Winters, but I got
two problems using it. Please note that the class is located in another
.jar file than the resources I'm deploying.

The first issue is that I need to tell the freemarker provider to find
the templates inside another jar file.

I've considered passing one of the resources in the jarfile into the
class creating the jetty server and do
myClass.getClass().getResource("/templates") but I'm not sure if this is
going to work. Are there any reasons why it should work?

The second issue is that I also want the server to be able to serve a
couple of images and a css file also contained in the same jar. Is there
a quick way to set up grizzly to do this as well?

.. this is getting close to just deploying jetty, but the application is
not mainly a web-app so I would like to not have to deploy a complete
app-server if possible but still get the goodness of Spring and Jersey.

Kind regards,
Tarjei