users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] JSESSION cookie not returned with Spring-Jersey integration

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:04:34 +0200

Hi Peter,

I would expect that the return of the JSESSIONID cookie header in the
response is performed by some sort of response filter at a layer below
that of Jersey (e.g. at the servlet layer).

Jersey just writes the response (it does not matter if a custom
provider is used or not to do the writing) to the servlet output
stream. I am guessing that because something has been written to the
response output stream that the underlying filter can no longer set
the JSESSIONID cookie header. Perhaps you could verify with a simple
servlet? sorry i cannot be of much more help.

Paul.