users@jersey.java.net

UriInfo additions?

From: Casper Bang <casper_at_jbr.dk>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:43:16 +0200

I really like the UriInfo and how it makes it easier to build references
to resources, however I am missing a few things. Stuff like protocol,
authority, port and anchor.

For instance, when modeling resources that uses basic http
authorization, UriInfo.getBaseUri() won't contain the authority part
(user:pass@ of a URL) so browsers that do not cache this won't be able
to follow the linked resources. I have of course written my own UrlUtils
but it's much less elegant than if Jersey provided access to a few more
"literals" of the URI spec (RFC 3986).

Am I missing something, or is it simply the case that Jersey was
optimized for the common scenario of dealing with just path segments and
query parms?

Regards,
Casper