users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] 1.0.2 bookstore sample failing to run

From: Casper Bang <casper_at_jbr.dk>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:40:49 +0200

Hi Arul,

I had some problems getting Bookstore to run initially as well. This problem
I am pretty sure is due to missing a jstl dependency. Add this:

        <dependency>
          <groupId>jstl</groupId>
          <artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
          <version>1.2</version>
        </dependency>

Also, if you then get NullPointerException when running (I did) add the
following to your context.xml file, inside the Context tag:

<Parameter name="com.sun.faces.forceLoadConfiguration" value="true"/>

Hope that helps,
Casper

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Arul Dhesiaseelan <arul_at_fluxcorp.com> wrote:

> Thanks Paul.
>
> I used the maven property to workaround this path issues
> (-Dmaven.repo.local=C:\tmp\maven)
>
> Now I am getting a different exception. Probably this could again be
> related to Jasper. I was wondering whether this sample runs fine for you.

> *type* Exception report
>
> *message*
>
> *description*The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> from fulfilling this request.
>
> *exception*
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException:
> com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> /com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Bookstore/index.jsp(4,60)
> PWC6188: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be
> resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
>
> *root cause*
>
> com.sun.jersey.api.container.ContainerException:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> /com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Bookstore/index.jsp(4,60)
> PWC6188: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be
> resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
>
> *root cause*
>
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
> /com/sun/jersey/samples/bookstore/resources/Bookstore/index.jsp(4,60)
> PWC6188: The absolute uri: http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core cannot be
> resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
>
> *note* _The full stack traces of the exception and its root causes are
> available in the GlassFish/v3 logs._
>

> Paul Sandoz wrote:
>
>> Hi Arul,
>>
>> I think it could be the first space character in the URL, which is at
>> index 18 in the URL:
>>
>> file:/C:/Documents and
>> Settings/arul/.m2/repository/org/glassfish/distributions/web-all/10.0-build-20080430/web-all-10.0-build-20080430.jar
>>

>> It might be a bug in the Jasper layer.
>>
>> I recommend emailing users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net.
>>
>> Paul.
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Arul Dhesiaseelan wrote:
>>
>> I am getting exceptions when I access http://localhost:8080/Bookstore/after starting the glassfish server in the bookstore example.
>>>
>>> java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 18:
>>> file:/C:/Documents and
>>> Settings/arul/.m2/repository/org/glassfish/distributions/web-all/10.0-build-20080430/web-all-10.0-build-20080430.jar
>>>

>>> Error on the command line:
>>>
>>> Apr 7, 2009 12:30:12 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher
>>> log
>>> SEVERE: ApplicationDispatcher[/Bookstore] PWC1231: Servlet.service() for
>>> servlet
>>> jsp threw exception
>>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
>>> at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:842)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
>>> java:39)
>>> at
>>> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
>>> sorImpl.java:25)
>>> at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.fromURI(Locator.java:162)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.getResourceSource(Locator.java:11
>>> 9)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.getClassSource(Locator.java:90)
>>> at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.setAntLib(Project.java:313)
>>> at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.initProperties(Project.java:309)
>>> at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.init(Project.java:295)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.AntJavaCompiler.getProject(AntJavaCompiler
>>> .java:115)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.AntJavaCompiler.init(AntJavaCompiler.java:
>>> 151)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.initJavaCompiler(Compiler.java:71
>>> 9)
>>> at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.<init>(Compiler.java:116)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createCompiler(JspCompilation
>>> Context.java:272)
>>> at