users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey on app engine

From: Casper Bang <casper_at_jbr.dk>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 12:33:50 +0200

I briefly tried deploying Bookstore onto GAE/j this morning, but got stuck
when it oddly complained over filter element:

com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineConfigException: Unrecognized
element <filter>
    at
com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlProcessor.processSecondLevelNode(AppEngineWebXmlProcessor.java:91)
    at
com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlProcessor.processXml(AppEngineWebXmlProcessor.java:46)
    at
com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlReader.processXml(AppEngineWebXmlReader.java:80)
    at
com.google.apphosting.utils.config.AppEngineWebXmlReader.readAppEngineWebXml(AppEngineWebXmlReader.java:51)
    at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.<init>(Application.java:72)
    at
com.google.appengine.tools.admin.Application.readApplication(Application.java:94)
    at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.<init>(AppCfg.java:92)
    at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppCfg.main(AppCfg.java:59)

Also, although it claims to handle war files it will not. You need to deploy
webapp directories, with a specialized web.xml called appengine-web.xml. I
attribute these issues to it still being an early beta and did not persue it
further. If you have better luck, let us know :)

/Casper