users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] JAX-RS / Jersey as the main Java web framework going forward...

From: Arul Dhesiaseelan <arul_at_fluxcorp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:45:41 -0700

It would be nice if JAX-RS defined a standard client-side API.
Currently, every implementation (Jersey, Resteasy, Restlet) provide
their own client APIs and it becomes cumbersome for tools to interface
with different implementations and had to use specific client APIs when
working with their resources. HTTP Client API is one option, but they
are not modeled around the resources which the Jersey client API does it
wisely.

Any plans to provide a standard client API which can interoperate with
various JAX-RS implementations?

-Arul