users@jersey.java.net

Re: Re: [Jersey] Methods with same annotations

From: <amsmota_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:37:26 +0000

The specification says specifically that the implementations SHOULD warn
about more than 1 matching method? Or can it treat at as a exception or
error?

On Jan 27, 2009 12:52pm, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2009, at 1:40 PM, amsmota_at_gmail.com wrote:
>

> I have a doubt here I don't know if JSR-311 or Jersey specific.
>

> Should we allow two methods defined with the same annotations, and
differentiate then by the *name* (or/and number) of the params?

> @POST
>
> @Path="/service/test"
>
> void testThis(@FormaParam("test1")String test)
>

> @POST
>
> @Path="/service/test"
>
> void testThat(@FormaParam("test2")String test)
>

> So that
>

> POST /service/test
>
> test1=testing
>

> get's the testThis method and
>

> POST /service/test
>
> test2=testing
>

> get's the testThat method?
>

> Or it should throw a error?
>

> Dispatching is only performed on the path and what is media produced and
consumed. JAX-RS does not specify a dispatching mechanism for parameters
whether they be form or say query parameters.

> Jersey should warn you that there are two ambiguous resource methods. It
seems it does not. Jakub, can you look into this?