users@jersey.java.net

RE: [Jersey] ClientHandlerException. . . message body reader not found.

From: Sudhakar Kumar <ksudhakar_at_live.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 09:34:36 -0500

Thanks Sam. Right on. I was not registering the providers on the client side. The change below to the client (as in your example), fixed the problem. However, I still need to understand why that needs to be done explicitly. Will continue to dig through the code.

ClientConfig cc = new DefaultClientConfig();
cc.getClasses().add(PropertiesReader.class);
Client c = Client.create(cc);
WebResource resource = c.resource("http://localhost:8081/ObjectEx/properties");
Properties p = resource.get(Properties.class);