users@jersey.java.net

Re: Re: [Jersey] Using _at_FormParam value to specify/call resource method

From: <amsmota_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:06:32 +0000

Yes, of course, I agree with you. But on the other hand, on a
more "abstract" level won't that be a sign that he's probably looking at
the problem from the wrong point of view? Maybe this is one of the cases
when a REST approach is not needed or beneficial?

Of course only Dmitry can know that for sure...

On Jan 15, 2009 10:02am, Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_sun.com> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2009, at 10:56 AM, António Mota wrote:
>

> Jee, don't let no RESTafarian guy look at that...
>

> Tis true. Ideally one should be using different URIs that embed the
action as a noun associated with the data and then one POSTs forms (without
requiring the action parameter). But sometimes if you are using a toolkit
you have to go the way it defines, i suspect ExtJS is forcing one to
utilize this approach.