users@jersey.java.net

Need Java client for NetBeans "Restful Webservices from Entity classes"

From: Richard Catlin <richard.m.catlin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:41:11 -0800

I used NetBeans/Jersey to generate a Restful Webservice from JPA Entity
Beans. In my case I had two JPA Entities, which modeled a one-to-many
relationship. NetBeans autogenerates the code for the Restful
Webservice, including "Converter" classes.

I have a JavaFX client and would like to use the JPA Entities to
populate a Master/Detail table. I know how to call the Restful
Webservice and get the response (via the JavaFX Media Browser Tutorial).
I want to know the easiest way to convert the response back to the JPA
object hierarchy. Can I use the converter classes generated on the
server-side?

Any help is appreciated.

Richard Catlin