users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] How to implement custom authentication?

From: Gili <cowwoc_at_bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:15:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Is it possible to an authentication mechanism for my server-side and
client-side components. It's my understanding that HTTP-digest is "good
enough" for plain-text authentication and HTTP-basic is good enough over an
encrypted wire. Is that correct?

Is it possible to provide HTTP-digest authentication without necessarily
having to conform to the database schema required by Glassfish's JDBCRealm?
Ideally I'd want to implement some interface and read data out of my
existing tables (that have a different schema than what they require). I
tried defining a custom realm but ran into problems:
http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=54693&tstart=0

I am also concerned about setting up authentication on the client-end. Is
there a solid tutorial for getting authentication up and running using
Jersey on both ends?

Thank you,
Gili