users@jersey.java.net

[Jersey] Shouldn't Jersey decode _at_Path before matching the regex?

From: Gili <cowwoc_at_bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:53:39 -0800 (PST)

Say I want to match the following path: "http://example.com/a b"

@Path("{tag:a b}") fails but
@Path("{tag:a%20b}") works

This is a problem because it means I can't use \\s in the regular
expression, allowing me to match arbitrary whitespace. Shouldn't Jersey be
decoding the path before running the regex against it?

According to the specification page 12: "The value of the annotation is
automatically encoded" page 34 "Encoded: Disables automatic URI decoding for
path, query, form
and matrix parameters" which implies that URI decoding should be taking
place.

Gili