users@jersey.java.net

New to REST/Jersey: How to POST json/xml for crud operations

From: Richard Catlin <richard.m.catlin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:09:03 +0000

All,

Using NetBeans 6.5, I created a RESTful webservice from the sample
database Manufacturers table. I use the "Test RESTful Webservice"
feature of Netbeans and once the browser launches, I can view the list
of the Manufacturers as well as the detail for each.

How do I create, update, and delete? I assume it is through the
"POST(application/xml)" and "POST(application/json)". I'm not sure what
the syntax is to enter into the box. Is there an example of this?

Thank you.
Richard Catlin