users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] CNFE ServletContainer with helloworld-webapp

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 18:25:17 +0100

On Nov 24, 2008, at 6:00 PM, Arun Gupta wrote:

> I'm getting the error during "mvn glassfish:run" and that's what the
> instructions also say. What's missing ?

Ironically this uses embedded GF v3 and does not deploy to the running
GF v2/v3 server.

I think there is a bug in glassfish v3 embedded maven plugin not
correctly honoring the maven dependencies. This one slipped through
the testing net as we were focused on getting things to work with a
running GF server. Especially getting things to work with GF v3 and
the OSGi container.

Sigh this is annoying... we may have to update the sample docs for GF,
but this is a PITA because it makes it harder to automate. Ideally
what we want to do is continuously push SNAPSHOT builds to the update
centre.

Paul.