users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] SpringResourceProvider

From: Martin Grotzke <martin.grotzke_at_freiheit.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 00:28:58 +0200

Hi Paul,

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 12:39 +0200, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> The SpringResourceProvider patch looks good. Just a couple of minor
> questions on defaults.
>
> If a spring bean is not annotated with @Component does that mean that
> such information needs to be described in the XML configuration?
Exactly this is my understanding of the documentation [1] and [2].

Reading this (again) I also noticed that we should also use the spring
annotations @Repository, @Service and @Controller, as these serve as
specializations of @Component for more specific use cases. These are
used by the spring autodetection the same as @Component.

I'll add support for these annotations to the SpringResourceProvider.

As you can read in [3], the spring user can customize the scanning for
components with filters. This is really nice, though I don't think that
we have to support s.th. like this right now, but instead might wait
until a user requests a feature like this.

> If a spring bean is annotated with @Component but not annotated with
> @Scope is there a default for the scope?
For spring this is singleton, I'll add this to accordingly.

> Once i know the answers to the above questions i can improve the
> JavaDoc
> related to defaults.
You refer to javadoc of SpringResourceProvider?

I'll do the changes these days and afterwards commit it to the trunk,
ok?

Cheers,
Martin

[1] http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/reference/beans.html#beans-stereotype-annotations