users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Jersey ignores javax.ws.rs.core.Application

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:50:55 +0100

Hi Gili,

Section 2.3.2 of JSR-311 states:

   When using a JAX-RS aware servlet container, the servlet-class
element of the web.xml descriptor
   SHOULD name the application-supplied subclass of Application.

What is written in the article is not specified by JSR-311 and is non-
standard behaviour.

However, Jersey does not currently support what is specified above
because we need to make modifications to the Servlet implementation.

Paul.