users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Aw: Logging in Jersey

From: Tatu Saloranta <cowtowncoder_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:18:39 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 9/25/08, Robert Naczinski <robertnac_at_googlemail.com> wrote:

> From: Robert Naczinski <robertnac_at_googlemail.com>
> Subject: [Jersey] Aw: Logging in Jersey
> To: users_at_jersey.dev.java.net
> Date: Thursday, September 25, 2008, 2:50 AM
> Hi,
>
> >I am not sure i understand you, do you want to
> configure logging of
>
> >Jersey? or do you want to provide logging in your
> application built on
>
> >top of Jersey?
>
> I want configure logging in jersey.
>
> Can you mail a example for logging.properties.
>
> We use in our app log4j. We must have log4j.propertes in
> classpath.

You don't have to put log4j.properties in classpath, although many users do that. You can explicitly point log4j to use another resource, or better, load it from well-known location.
(for us trying to work through classpath has been prone to problems when we have tried to do it at least, so we generally never do it)

But, that's probably not your problem, but rather that Jersey uses java.util.Logging. I think there must be j.u.l - to - log4j adapters that do what you need, to basically 'convert' j.u.l logging calls to do log4j output.

-+ Tatu +-