users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Aw: Logging in Jersey

From: Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 11:04:13 +0200

Hi Robert,

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:50:37AM +0200, Robert Naczinski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >I am not sure i understand you, do you want to configure logging of
>
> >Jersey? or do you want to provide logging in your application built on
>
> >top of Jersey?
>
> I want configure logging in jersey.
>
> Can you mail a example for logging.properties.
>
> We use in our app log4j. We must have log4j.propertes in classpath.

What works for sure is configuring [$JRE_HOME/lib/logging.properties],
then e.g. for json specific logging, you can use:

com.sun.jersey.impl.json.level = FINEST

If you want to use an app specific logging config,
you need to use the following property:

java -Djava.util.logging.config.file=myfile

HTH,

~Jakub