users@jersey.java.net

JSR 311 is approved

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:46:21 +0200

Hi,

JSR 311 is approved, you can see the results here [1].

The 1.0 API is available on the repo:

   http://download.java.net/maven/2/javax/ws/rs/jsr311-api/1.0/

I have committed changes to the trunk to up the Jersey version of
modules to "1.0-ea-SNAPSHOT" with a dependency on jsr311-api version
1.0.

We cannot call Jersey 1.0 until the final motions at the JCP are
enacted for 311 to become a final release, then it will be possible to
download the final specification and API. Things should be ready in
about in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Note that those who were already using Jersey 0.11 were in effect
using the 1.0 API i.e. there should be no 311 API changes between 0.11
and 1.0.

I encourage developers to switch to the latest and report any issues :-)

Paul.

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/results?id=4715