users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] heads up: trunk might become unstable

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:15:36 +0200

Martin Grotzke wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-28 at 11:58 +0200, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>> Hi Martin,
>>
>> Interestingly if i touch or modify the pom.xml then it works, sort of.
>> Also, the sources are not correctly created.
>>
>> At first guess i think this is a bug in the "maven-shade-plugin". I
>> tried playing around with the configuration [1] with no luck.
>> Unfortunately i do not have much time to look into this and Jakub is on
>> holiday for the next two weeks :-(
> Ok. I also played with the pom.xml but with the same result.
> So should the shade plugin be disabled first? Or is there a concrete
> scenario that requires the artifact created by the shade plugin?

We want to create a bundle jar that for those not using maven so that
they don't have to explicitly included 'n' jars of modules. Do you know
of any other type of plugin that can support this?

Do you know how to disable the building of this module by default but
enable it via an mvn parameter? if so i can modify the Hudson task to do
that.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question