users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Continue mavenization of jersey

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 11:00:36 +0200

Martin Grotzke wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-06-03 at 15:55 +0200, Jakub Podlesak wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 05:52:18PM +0200, Martin Grotzke wrote:
>>> Regarding jersey-spring: Have you already tried to deploy this from
>>> contribs/spring? It would be really great to have this also available
>>> via maven!
>> I have updated the [contribs/pom.xml] file and did the initial push.
>> Could you please check it up and let me know? I can then configure the hudson job accordingly,
>> so that bits get pushed automatically.
>> You can find the artifacts at [1] and [2].
> Great!
>
>> I am curious, if having jersey version as "${jersey-version}" at [3] is ok?
> I just tested it and ${jersey-version} does not get resolved. AFAICS is
> the reason for this, that the deployed jersey-project pom.xml is a
> generated one and not the one from the svn repo. The generated pom.xml
> does not provide the ${jersey-version} property and therefore it cannot
> be resolved.
>
> So we have two options:
> 1) deploy jersey-project with the pom.xml from svn
> 2) specify an explicit version in contribs/spring/pom.xml
>
> I would suggest 1).
>
> Concerning 2) this is a general question how releases shall be done and
> how versioning for different artifacts shall be handled. I think having
> versions of all artificats in sync is very clear and easy to understand,
> different artifact versions would require separate releases of different
> artifacts.

IIRC the release module in Grizzly is:

- tag the trunk,

- run a script to update the version in all the pom files in the trunk
   from XXX-SNAPSHOT to YYY-SNAPSHOT

- run a script to modify the version in all the pom files in the tag
   from XXX-SNAPSHOT to XXX

- "mvn install deploy" from the tag.

i.e. it keeps everything in sync, contribs, examples etc.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
    Paul Sandoz