users@jersey.java.net

Link to maven source code regarding version ranges

From: Chris Wilkes <cwilkes_at_ladro.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 05:23:34 -0700

Martin asked for some documentation on the use of [2.5.2,) version
ranges in maven here:
   https://jersey.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=1615
(I've deleted the email and so can't easily respond to it, it would be
nice if the web interface for the mailing list allowed replies).

After spending quite a bit of time on the maven site I couldn't find
anything about it so I went to the source:
   http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/components/tags/maven-2.0.9/maven-artifact/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/versioning/VersionRange.java?view=markup

and it describes how <version/> is parsed:

1.0 Version 1.0
[1.0,2.0 Versions 1.0 (included) to 2.0 (not included)
[1.0,2.0] Versions 1.0 to 2.0 (both included)
[1.5,) Versions 1.5 and higher
(,1.0],[1.2,) Versions up to 1.0 (included) and 1.2 or higher

I also noticed the the large spring.jar is included in jersey-spring's
pom ("<artifactId>spring</artifactId>") which is a little weird as the
spring-core and spring-webmvc artifacts are explicitly called out.

Chris