users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] _method query parameter

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 13:30:02 +0200

Gregory Kick wrote:
> I can't find anything about it, but I was wondering if jersey supports
> the _method query parameter for clients that don't support put and
> delete. Anybody know?

Not currently.

I think there are two general ways of doing this:

   1) Using a query parameter; or

   2) Using a HTTP header, using say X-HTTP-Method-Override.

I think the latter has more convention for the name, i am not sure i
have seen a common convention for the query parameter name in the former
(do you know of any?), implying if supported we would need to configure
what that parameter name should be. Personally i prefer the latter approach.

Could you log an issue so we can track this?

Thanks,
Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question