users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Compiling jersey source code with an external library

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:38:21 +0200

On May 28, 2008, at 1:55 AM, enzo 660 wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I was playing with the source code and tried to modify one of the
> classes. I'm new to maven and not quite sure how to compile with a
> dependency on an external library.
> I looked up on the web for a solution and created a local repository.
> I added the dependency to jersey-pom.xml but looks like it is not
> being picked because the compiler complains with 'package not found'.
> Could anybody please tell me what else am I required to do?

We are currently in the interim of transitioning over to Maven... so
things may appear a little odd and awkward.

Given the latest source you need to go to trunk/jersey/jersey and type:

   mvn -f maven/pom.xml install

if you want to add another dependency then you need to edit the maven/
pom.xml and the jersey-pom.xml.

Hopefully when we have completed the transition things will be much
improved.

Paul.