users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Mavenising Jersey/Jersey-Spring

From: Martin Grotzke <martin.grotzke_at_freiheit.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 13:31:55 +0200

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 10:43 +0200, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> >> Next steps:
> >>
> >> 1) Work out how to "mvn deploy" snapshots to the java.net m2 repo.
> >>
> >> 2) Modify Jersey Hudson task to use maven, create Jersey-Spring Hudson
> >> task using maven. Thus artifacts will be continuously pushed to the
> >> repo.
> >>
> >> 3) Componentize Jersey
> >> Start with the examples.
> > Sounds good! Can I help with s.th.?
> >

> If you have some spare time, how about looking at what is involved with
> converting the examples?
Ok. The first question is IMO about project/module structure.

I could think of s.th. like this:
trunk
\
 - contribs
 - examples (moved from jersey/examples)
 \
  - Bookmark
  - Bookstore
  - ...
 - jersey
 - repo
 - www

So that each example is a separate maven module depending on jersey and
what else it needs.

What do you think, and what do other maven users think?

The next question is, if the current project structure of an example
shall be kept or if this shall be mavenized (change to a structure that
conforms the maven conventions). The easiest would probably be to choose
door one, but IMHO for the longer run it would be better (produce less
questions) to mavenize each example (change structure).

What do you think?

I can imagine to start with one example and to create some
how-to-mavenize-an-example howto, so that this work can be done by
several people.

Ok?

Cheers,
Martin