users@jersey.java.net

Asynchronous Calls..

From: Nick Stuart <nicholas.stuart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:37:02 -0400

Hi all! I am trying to setup a simple resource that will handle a 'long
winded' request. Basically I want to do a 'PUT' to create something that
takes a while to get going. I don't really care about the return codes or
anything and don't want to wait till the entire reuqest is done. Is there a
'best practice' way of doing this? This will be executing out of another
Servlet that does some stuff before hand and will need fire this request off
as well once it is done.

Any thoughts or ideas on this? Only thing I've seen that mentions this is
at http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/jersey_client_api near the bottom, but its
only put there as a quick idea/thought. Has anything else been done for
this?

Thanks a bunch for the help!
-Nick