users@jersey.java.net

Re: spring-integration tested and described

From: Martin Grotzke <martin.grotzke_at_freiheit.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:53:48 +0200

Hi Paul,

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 08:59 +0200, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Great!
>
> How do you think we should integrate this into the into trunk (the
> code merge is the easiest bit :-) ) for building, testing and
> constructing the distribution package?
>
> Currently we use "ant dist", i am guessing this task would need to
> defer to maven for the spring building/packaging.
I'd say that the jersey-spring package will be built separately from the
jersey core with a dependency on this, therefore the jersey-package
should not need to be changed.

I will update the ant build.xml in the jersey-spring module so that
there's an `ant dist` and `ant -Dprofile=spring20 test`...

What has to be clarified is the project structure, currently the trunk
contains these directories:

commons
 \- spring
jersey
 \- <everything related directly to jersey like src, build, dist etc.>
repo
www

To the question is if we replace commons/spring with the new spring
package or if we create a jersey-spring package at the root level.
IMHO a container for contrib modules is useful, so we could use the
commons folder or rename it to contrib or s.th. else.

Before doing the merge we should also make sure that classes are at the
correct place (like e.g. ResourceContext, the package of the
SpringServlet, the groupId and artifactId of the jersey-spring module
etc.). Can you check these things, Paul?

Cheers,
Martin