users@jersey.java.net

Re: Build failure

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:23:03 +0100

Hi Richard,

I think this might be a JRE 6 issue and a JAXB version clash, what
version of JRE 6 are you using?

I built using:

   java version "1.6.0_04"

with no issues. Our continuous build system has not reported any errors
(it builds using JDK 5 and pushes those builds out to java.net)

IIUC JRE 6 update 4 has the JAXB 2.1 APIs, previous updates had the JAXB
2.0 APIs and of course the ones in the JRE take precendence over JAXB
2.1 jars in the user-defined class path. The latest JSON code has
introduced a direct dependency on JAXB 2.1 APIs.

If i am correct, you will need to downgrade to JRE 5, upgrade to JRE 6
update 4, or put the JAXB 2.1 jars in the boot classpath of your
existing JRE 6 installation.

Paul.