users@jersey.java.net

default JSON format for JAXB beans simplified

From: Jakub Podlesak <Jakub.Podlesak_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:31:06 +0100

Hi all,

yesterday i have changed the JSON format being used for JAXB entities in Jersey.
Please see [1] for details. The post also describes how to get back to the original
behaviour if you have any issues with the new implementation.

There is still some work to do on the new implementation, however.
What you could miss at the moment (and what is going to be fixed before
the next release) follows:
 - serialization of numbers/booleans: serialized as Strings
 - deserialization of numbers/booleans/null values will fail

Anyway, the simplified JSON format opens door for ease of data processing
on the client/JavaScript side (e.g. this was not possible before: [2]).

If you find any issue, please let me know via the list or file a bug at [3].
I am off for the whole next week, but will respond immediately once i am back.

Thanks,

~Jakub

[1]http://blogs.sun.com/japod/entry/better_json_available_in_jersey
[2]http://blogs.sun.com/japod/entry/jmaki_widgets_talking_to_jersey