users@jersey.java.net

Re: null pointer in resources scan

From: Nam Nguyen <Nam.Nguyen_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:09:03 -0800

Paul Sandoz wrote:

>>> Ah, i see. NetBeans deploys using the "build/web/WEB-INF/" directory.
>>>
>> Are you referring to fast in-place deployment. You can turn the
>> feature off by doing:
>>
>> Services tab > Servers > GlassFish V2 > Properties and uncheck
>> 'Directory Deployment' as show in the screenshot:
>>

> I did not know that!
>
> Guilhem is using Tomcat, is there an option for Tomcat as well?
I don't see a similar option. Here is the long way:
1. Undeploy the existing webapp: go to Services tab, expand tomcat node
to see the webapp, right click and do undeploy.
2. Build the webapp.war: in Projects tab, right click on webapp project
and do Build.
3. Copy webapp.war to tomcat/webapps: in Files tab, copy
WebApp/dist/webapp.war; open Favourites tab from main menu Windows (if
not alreay there next to Services tab), navigate to
<home>/<tomcat-base>/webapps folder and paste the war there.
I will check with the netbeans javaee team to see if there is a better
way, if not request enhancement.

-Nam