users@jersey.java.net

WADL and JavaScript generation

From: Gérald Quintana <gerald.quintana_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 13:29:36 +0100

Dear Jersey users,

I am currently evaluating JAXRS which looks very promising even if not
yet finished.

I managed to generate RESTful web service stubs from a WADL file using
the wadl2java tool.

Question 1: I wondered whether it was possible to generate WADL
descriptor from Java sources using an Ant script or command line tool?

I would like to generate web service client stubs to ease unit
testing, I wish I could avoid the HTTP request creation and
management. So I imagined I could do something like Service Impl
(Java+Jersey) --> WADL description (XML) --> Service Stub (Java)

Previously, I tested SOAP web services with JAXWS like this and was
satisfied by such a solution.

Question 2: I saw that NetBeans 6 + JAXRS plugin was able to generate
a Java Script Client. I wondered whether a tool to generate JavaScript
stubs existed (wadl2javascript or something like that)

Thanks for your help,
Gerald