users@jersey.java.net

[Fwd: Grizzly Container is completely wrong, if I read it correctly]

From: Martin Matula <Martin.Matula_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 15:11:34 +0100

Forwarding to users_at_jersey.dev.java.net - please use this mailing list.
Issues_at_jersey.dev.java.net is intended for automatic notifications from
the IssueTracker only
Thanks,
Martin

attached mail follows:

Everywhere in the Grizzly support, it seems that org.apache.coyote.Adapter
was used in place of com.sun.grizzly.tcp.Adapter. That includes the
ContainerProvider and the GrizzlyContainer, at least.

Also, no attempt has been made to catch exceptions when a
ContainerProvider throws one (in the case of the jaxws
ProviderContainerProvider, which throws a ClassDefNotFound exception on
the missing Coyote Adapter class, instead of simply returning null, which
is what the ContainerFactory expects).

So right now, only the Lightweight container works, and then only in
certain circumstances (it hangs on a simple Hello World resource when I
run it in prod, but it doesn't in Debug; a sure sign of deadlock). I
haven't tried the jaxws ContainerProvider, because I simply don't see the
point. Grizzly, being a Glassfish technology, should be supported sooned
rather than later.

Thanks.

Denis Robert
Senior Technical Architect
BF&M Insurance Group
Phone: (441) 298-0344
Email: drobert_at_bfm.bm
This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
the system manager.